Our firm has significant expertise in advisory and litigation cases in Public Law, including Administrative Law, Regulatory Law, and Infrastructure. We provide specialized and strategic assistance in a wide range of topics, including public tenders, administrative contracts, defense in sanctioning procedures before the Administration, monitoring of civil investigations before Public Prosecutors’ Offices, representations before the Federal and State Audit Courts, regulation of economic sectors, advising clients in their relationship with public authorities and regulatory agencies, expression of interest procedures, as well as concessions, privatizations, and public-private partnerships in infrastructure projects, and chapters in legal audits (due diligence).
Consultancy, defense, and legal opinions on Administrative Law topics.
Public tenders and administrative contracts:
- Assistance with public consultations and public hearings;
- Analysis of requests for proposals and drafts of contracts and strategic advice for participation in bidding processes, objections to requests of proposals and administrative appeals;
- Representations and complaints about irregularities before the Courts of Accounts;
- Advice on unenforceable or waived bidding procedures;
- Consulting on administrative contracts, drafting economic and financial rebalancing claims, contract extensions and resolutions of impasses in contractual relations with public entities;
- Defense in proceedings involving administrative sanctions (warning, fine, suspension and impediment to participating in bidding processes and declaration of unsuitability).
- Consultancy on laws and normative acts involving the regulation of the economic sectors of defense (arms and ammunition), mining, transport, highways, ports, oil and gas, electricity and solar energy, basic sanitation, solid waste, chemicals, graphic products, health services, medical and hospital products and information technology;
- Legal advice on applications for permits and administrative licenses, preparation of legal opinions;
- Advice to clients on the compliance with applicable rules;
- Advice on procedures before regulatory agencies and monitoring of legislative changes and communications to client.
- Structuring and advising on public-private partnerships (PPP), privatizations, permits and concession contracts;
- Assistance in procedures for expression of interest and public calls;
- Advising on infrastructure projects in the transport, highway, railroad, port, airport, construction, oil and gas, electricity generation, solar energy, water and sanitation and solid waste sectors;
- Advice on international investments in Brazil.
Some of the main activities in the area are: