The firm’s experience in business law spans across four major subareas:
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Structured Transactions: advisory services on the purchase and sale of companies, corporate restructuring, and subjects related to consortium, associations, joint ventures, and other forms of business partnership. The main services provided are:
- Planning, structuring, negotiation, and accomplishment of the purchase and sale of equity or assets, investments, partnerships, or joint ventures, as well as corporate restructuring;
- Conducting due diligences;
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts, especially purchase and sale contracts and shareholders’ agreements;
- Support to the clients in relation to the post-closing measures; and
- Merger notification to the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE).
Foreign Investments and Capital Markets: advisory services to domestic and foreign clients in the creation of companies and funds, to issuers and underwriters in public offerings, with focus on debt restructuring and structured financing. Some of the main activities in practice are:
- Counsel to intermediary institutions and issuers in the public offering of securities, such as debentures and promissory notes;
- Drafting of contracts and corporate documents for debt restructuring and structured financing;
- Assistance to companies, financial institutions, and funds for compliance with regulatory rules;
- Advisory services on regulatory aspects of investment funds; and
- Structuring and registration of investment funds in Brazil and support to investors in new contributions or financing cycles.
Contracts: advisory services in the negotiation and execution of business contracts, including trade of goods and services and other types of economic partnerships. Drafting and negotiation of domestic and international contracts, such as:
- Purchase and sale, and supply of goods contracts;
- Distribution and agency contracts and other forms of business cooperation;
- Ancillary contracts regarding commercial and business relations, such as guarantee, exclusive dealing, and non-disclosure agreements;
- General consulting and service agreements; and
- Joint venture and partnership agreements.
Corporate Governance and Ethics: advisory services on the corporate acts necessary for the constitution and management of companies; creation, adaptation and development of compliance and data protection programs, and codes of conduct. Our services include:
- Improvement corporate governance standards and practices;
- Assistance in judicial or arbitral corporate disputes and business mediations;
- Drafting of corporate documents, investment contracts, put/call options, and other contracts to regulate corporate relations; and
- Review, development, and implementation of compliance, data protection, best practices, and internal control programs.