Our experience in Business Law is segmented into four major subareas:
Mergers, acquisitions and structured operations: we advise on the purchase and sale of companies, corporate restructuring, and subjects related to consortiums, associations, joint ventures, and other forms of business partnerships, such as:
- Planning, structuring, negotiating and implementing the purchase and sale of shareholdings or assets, investments, partnerships or joint ventures, as well as corporate restructuring;
- Conducting due diligence procedures;
- Preparation, review and negotiation of contractual instruments, especially sale and purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements;
- Support for the clients regarding the steps to be taken after closing the deal; and
- Communication to the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) of economic concentration acts.
Foreign Investments and Capital Markets: we advise national and foreign clients on setting up companies and/or funds, and issuing trading securities, with a focus on debt restructuring and structured financing. Our main activities include:
- Consultancy for issuing and trading securities;
- Preparation of contracts and corporate documents for debt restructuring and structured financing;
- Assisting companies, financial institutions and funds in complying with regulatory standards;
- Consultancy on regulatory aspects of investment funds; and
- Structuring and registering investment funds in Brazil and assisting investors in new investments or financing cycles.
Agreements: we work on the negotiation and conclusion of business agreements, including trade of goods and services and other types of economic cooperation, and on the preparation and negotiation of national and international agreements:
- Agreements for the purchase and sale and supply of goods;
- Distribution agreements, agency agreements and other forms of business cooperation;
- Ancillary agreements in commercial and business relations, such as guarantee, exclusivity and confidentiality agreements;
- General consultancy and service agreements; and
- Joint venture and partnership agreements.
Corporate Governance and Business Ethics: We provide guidance on the necessary corporate acts for the establishment and management of companies, creation, adaptation, and development of compliance programs, data protection, and codes of conduct. We also assist in the following activities:
- Enhancement of corporate governance norms and practices;
- Support in corporate disputes, whether in judicial or arbitral proceedings, as well as in business mediations;
- Preparation of corporate documents, investment contracts, put/call options, and other agreements to regulate corporate relationships; and
- Review, drafting, and implementation of compliance programs, data protection, best practices, and internal controls.